AHL on WHL and BCHL’s Turf:

The American Hockey League governors approved the move of the Calgary Flames farm team to Abbotsford today. You have to wonder how this will affect the WHL’s Vancouver Giants and Chilliwack Bruins, the NHL’s Canucks and the BCHL’s Chiefs, Express and Eagles. Here’s the official release from the AHL: Austin, Abbotsford, Glens Falls joining AHL in 2009-10

More than anything, I can’t imagine a bunch of Canucks fans cheering for Flames prospects, but what do I know!