Cents WILL Operate in Merritt in 09/10, Glendinning Fired:

I’ve received confirmation that a local group has stepped up financially to ensure that the Centennials continue to operate in Merritt as a non-profit society for at least the 2009-10 season.

Also, the team’s current Board of Directors has voted against offering head coach and GM Al Glendinning a contract for next season.

I’m chasing down these developments and should have more to post within the next hour.