Cents Forward Daniel Chang Drafted by New Mexico:

(Cents forward Daniel Chang)

I’m not sure how I missed this earlier this week, but Cents forward Daniel Chang was drafted by New Mexico in the 14th round, 192nd overall in the North American Hockey League draft on Wednesday.

Chang was the only selection from the BCHL. However, there is a correlation between the Woodland Hills product and the yet-to-be-named New Mexico franchise. Chang was coached in the 2008-09 season by former Cents sniper Bill Muckalt when both were with the Valencia Flyers of the Western States Hockey League. Now Muckalt is the new coach of the New Mexico team and you have to wonder if he’ll try to woo Chang to leave the BCHL and join the NAHL.