Rachael Sanders Hired as New Cents Marketing Manager:

Longtime Merritt resident Rachael Sanders has been hired by the Centennials as their new Marketing Manager. She was an assistant to last year’s Manager Maddison Canuel, who resigned at the end of the 2010-11 season after two years in the position.

Here’s the release from the Cents website:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Merritt, BC – May 9, 2011

The Merritt Centennials of the BC Hockey League are pleased to announce the hiring of Rachael Sanders as Marketing Manager for the 2011-12 season.
Rachael spent the 2010-11 season working in the Cents Marketing Office and at the games as Assistant Marketing Manager.

“I’m very excited to move ahead and take on more responsibilities with the Marketing Manager position,” said Sanders. “I grew up in Merritt, understand community pride and know what it means to our city to have a BCHL franchise as part of it.”

“Sponsorship and community support is integral to the operation of the Centennials,” Sanders added. “I look forward to working to build partnerships which are beneficial to both the team and local businesses.”

For further information, please contact Cents Marketing Manager Rachael Sanders at 250-378-3604 or 250-315-7224. The Centennials Marketing Office, located in the City Hall Building on Voght Street, is open Monday to Friday from 9 am to 5 pm.

The Merritt Centennials, proudly celebrating 39 years as the BCHL’s longest continuously run franchise, are a non-profit, community owned Junior ‘A’ Hockey Club run by a dedicated team of investors, directors, and volunteers.