New Look BCHL in 2011-12:

Not only are there a ton of rule, roster and playoff changes (which I still haven’t gotten around to analyzing on the blog), but now we know for sure that the Interior Conference will look much different in 2011-12 than it did in 2010-11.

For the first time since the 1995-96 season, there won’t be any games involving the Quesnel Millionares as the sale and relocation of that franchise to Chilliwack has been approved by the BCHL’s Board of Governors. And for the first time since the 2005-06 season, a team from Chilliwack will skate in the BCHL. The Chiefs join the Interior Conference, where they played for their first four seasons of existence from 1990-94.

So, when the league hammers out the schedule next month, here’s what they need to consider for alignment.

Coastal Conference
Alberni Valley Bulldogs
Coquitlam Express
Cowichan Valley Capitals