Cents Avoid Conflict with Game Three of Stanley Cup Final and Reschedule Annual General Meeting

A great decision by the Cents in my mind! GO CANUCKS GO!

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Merritt, BC – May 30, 2011

The Merritt Centennials of the BC Hockey League would like to announce that their Annual General Meeting has been rescheduled to avoid conflict with Game Three of the Stanley Cup Final series between the Vancouver Canucks and Boston Bruins.

The AGM, which was originally scheduled for Monday, June 6th, is now scheduled for Tuesday, June 7, 2011. The meeting will start at 6:30 pm in the Mezzanine at the Nicola Valley Memorial Arena.

“With the entire province gripped in Canucks fever, we felt that it would be in our best interest to reschedule the AGM,” said Cents President and Chairman of the Board Jerry Canuel. “We’re all Canucks fans too and didn’t want Game Three of the Stanley Cup Final to distract from what is our most important meeting of the year.”

The evening will consist of reports on team finances for the 2010-11 fiscal year, marketing, season tickets, billeting, booster club, hockey operations and the election of the 2011-12 Board of Directors. Nominations for the Board of Directors will be permitted from the floor during the meeting.

-30-

For further information, please contact President and Chairman of the Board Jerry Canuel at 250-378-9266 or jerrycanuel@apgroup.ca

The Merritt Centennials, proudly celebrating 39 years as the BCHL’s longest continuously run franchise, are a non-profit, community owned Junior ‘A’ Hockey Club run by a dedicated team of investors, directors, and volunteers.