Kamloops Storm Looking for a New Head Coach:

This news was released this afternoon by the KIJHL’s Kamloops Storm:

Press Release

The Kamloops Storm will be looking for a new coach for the 2011-12 season.

Last year’s coach, Tyler Liebel, has accepted a job with the Burnaby Fire Department.

This will be the fourth head coach for the Storm since moving to Kamloops 5 seasons ago. Part of Junior B hockey is helping coaches learn and grow and we have been very fortunate to have had great hockey guys and lots of hockey knowledge to help our young players.

General Manager Barry Dewar sees no difficulty in finding a worthy replacement and has already been approached by a few guys who heard of the opening.

“We even had a guy from Germany and Alaska contact us, so once it is known, I am sure we will get lots of interest,” said Dewar.

It is expected that Liebel will help the BCHL’s Coquitlam Express next season.