Salmon Arm Adds Dan Cioffi as Associate Coach:

Salmon Arm has filled an empty spot behind its bench with the Silverbacks latest hiring. They’ve added Dan Cioffi from the PIJHL’s Delta Ice Hawks. Here’s from their website:

The Salmon Arm Silverbacks are pleased to announce the hiring of Dan Cioffi as the clubs Associate Coach for the 2011-2012 season.

Dan joins the Backs from the Delta Ice Hawks in the PIJHL where he was the Co-Coach and Director of Player Development. Prior to his time in Delta, Dan spent three seasons behind the bench with the Burnaby Express as the clubs Associate Coach and Director of Player Development.

“We are excited to add Dan to the coaching staff here in Salmon Arm. I have known Dan for some time and am very pleased with what he brings to our group” stated Head Coach/GM Colin O’Hara.

“I’m very excited to work for an organization with such a rich history in developing players for the next level. I want to thank our owners Randy and Terry Williams and Coach O’Hara for the opportunity to be part the staff in Salmon Arm” stated Cioffi upon accepting his new position.

The Silverbacks family would like to welcome Dan and his wife Kelly to the community and look forward to the upcoming season.