On The Map – Amherst Ramblers:

Inspired by an article in a recent issue of The Hockey News, I thought I’d take time on the blog to highlight some off the other teams around the Canadian Junior Hockey League.

So let’s start with the Amherst Ramblers.

Team Name: Amherst Ramblers

League: Maritime Hockey League

City: Amherst, Nova Scotia (Pop. 9,505)

Founded: 1968

Head Coach/GM: Jim Bottomley

2010-11 Leading Scorer: Brandon Street (91) – 26g, 28a in 52 games

Notable Alumni: Joey MacDonald (Boston, Detroit, New York Islanders, Toronto)