Month: January 2012

BCHL Landscape Changes Once More:

First off, kudos to the BCHL for releasing the details surrounding its semi-annual governors’ meeting which concluded today in Richmond.
I know the league has traditionally held off releasing this type of information, but in this day and age, it’s likely that details would have filtered out anyway and better that it come from the official source as opposed to teams or media releasing it.
Obviously the biggest change involving the 2012-13 season is the inclusion of the Prince George Spruce Kings in the Coastal Conference. It’s a wacky move to me, but I can understand that with PG being “on its own” up north, they had to fit in somewhere. As the release below states, a playoff format for 2012-13 has yet to be determined.
Either way, after 16 seasons in the Interior Conference/Division, the Spruce Kings now find themselves alongside the usual Coastal Conference teams. Hey, stranger things have happened – at one point in the 1970’s the Vancouver Canucks played in the East Division of the NHL and look at the Winnipeg Jets this season, they’re in the Southeast Division.
But I digress, so the 2012-13 BCHL season looks like this:
Coastal Conference
Mainland Division
Chilliwack Chiefs
Coquitlam Express
Langley Rivermen
Prince George Spruce Kings
Surrey Eagles
Island Division
Alberni Valley Bulldogs
Cowichan Valley Capitals
Nanaimo Clippers
Powell River Kings
Victoria Grizzlies
Interior Conference
Interior Division
Merritt Centennials
Penticton Vees
Salmon Arm Silverbacks
Trail Smoke Eaters
Westside Warriors
Vernon Vipers
One other big change to come out of the meeting is the reduction of the regular season schedule to 56 games. I personally love this idea (although the broadcasters who get paid on a per-game basis won’t!). What I like about it is that it reduces the wear and tear on the players, reduces some costs for the teams, fans aren’t likely to miss the two home weekday games that will be dropped as a result and it ensures that the league can continue with the later (and more traditional) start date of the second weekend of September for the regular season.
And I LOVE the idea of a showcase event. Although the location and dates are to be determined, here’s a release from the AJHL’s website to give you an idea of what the weekend is all about:
“The AJHL Showcase is a unique opportunity for the scouting community to evaluate AJHL players in one location as they compete against one another. The AJHL Showcase will include each of the League’s 16 teams playing two regular season games apiece. 400 players will participate in the three-day event at the TransAlta Tri Leisure Centre.”
“Through the first three years of the event, nearly 300 Scouts from the NHL, NCAA, CIS, CHL and NHL Central Scouting have experienced the talent of the Alberta Junior Hockey League. In addition, hundreds of media representatives and over 10,000 fans have enjoyed this unique showcase of talent in Alberta.”
Here’s the official release on all the changes, from the BCHL website:
January 19, 2012
For immediate release:
The British Columbia Hockey League passed a number of significant motions Thursday at the league’s semi-annual governors meeting in Richmond. The changes will take effect in the 2012-13 season.
To allow more fans to attend games, governors voted to lower the number of regular season games from 60 to 56. This will decrease the number of mid-week games when fans are less able to attend. Now, a greater percentage of home dates can be held on the prime nights of Friday and Saturday.
Also, a showcase event will be held Sept. 7 to 9 at a site yet to be determined. The showcase is similar to events held in the Alberta and Saskatchewan Junior Hockey leagues where college and professional scouts are invited. Showcase results will count in the regular season standings. Each BCHL team will play two games at the event meaning all teams, except the host of the showcase, will then have 27 home dates in the 2012-13 season. Any revenues from the showcase will be split up amongst the league’s 16 clubs. Teams are being asked to submit by Feb. 1 their bids to host the event.
Another motion that passed was the decision to move the start of the regular season to Sept. 14, 2012. This will mark the date that the standard BCHL regular-season format shall commence though by that point, two regular season games will have been played at the showcase event by each team.
The season will end March 10, 2013 which means the coming season is two weeks longer than normal. This also will allow more games to be scheduled on prime nights rather than mid week.
With respect to the alignment of the conferences, there will be now be 10 teams in the Coastal Conference and it will be split into two groups called the Island Division and Mainland Division. The Island Division will include Victoria, Cowichan Valley, Nanaimo, Alberni Valley and Powell River. The Mainland Division will include Coquitlam, Surrey, Langley, Chilliwack and Prince George.
Prince George will be given the option to return to the Interior Conference after the conclusion of the 2013 playoffs. With Prince George and Chilliwack set to join the Coastal Conference, the new Interior Conference will include the remaining teams: Merritt, Trail, Penticton, Vernon, Salmon Arm and Westside.
“These decisions were not made in haste and came only after lengthy debate by our governors,” said BCHL commissioner John Grisdale. “The BCHL considers itself an innovator and model for Junior A hockey in Canada and these decisions, not all of them unanimous, have been made with the intention of ensuring the long-term viability of our league.”
Each club has been asked to submit new playoff format ideas to the BCHL office by Feb. 1, 2012. After that, a decision will be made and announced.

Wenatchee Wild Want Into The BCHL:

Trail play by play man Chris Wahl alerted me to an article in a Wenatchee newspaper where the NAHL’s Wild are looking to move to the BCHL.

It certainly isn’t the first time this has been discussed and it’s guaranteed to spark lots of discussion on both sides of the border.

Here’s the article from The Wenatchee World newspaper:

USA Hockey blocks league change for Wild
Team wants to join British Columbia Hockey League; evaluating appeal

By Brent Stecker
World staff writer

Monday, January 16, 2012

WENATCHEE — USA Hockey has denied a bid by the Wenatchee Wild to leave the North American Hockey League and join the British Columbia Hockey League, Wild president Bill Stewart confirmed Monday.

Stewart and the Wild’s head scout, Rick Ellison, made the pitch to switch leagues during USA Hockey’s winter meeting Saturday in Orlando, Fla., Stewart said. But after considering the request in a closed session, the organization’s executive board declined the move without providing a reason.

“They don’t like a team based in the U.S. playing in a Canadian league, but (in Washington) there’s six teams and five of them play in Canadian hockey leagues,” Stewart said.

The Wild are pursuing the league change for travel reasons, Stewart said. In the NAHL, their closest opponents are the Fresno (Calif.) Monsters and Dawson Creek (British Columbia) Rage, both roughly 920 miles from Wenatchee. In the BCHL, each of the 16 current teams are based in British Columbia, and only the Prince George Spruce Kings, their farthest possible opponent at 635 miles from Wenatchee, are located in the northern half of the province.

“We’d save money, and the longest bus trip is about 12 hours (in the BCHL),” Stewart said. “The last 12 days, the team spent 96 hours on the bus to play five games. That could be (our) entire travel schedule for the BCHL. … The kids would miss a lot less school.”

Stewart said Wenatchee attempted to join the BCHL before its inaugural season in 2007. The Wild instead joined the NAHL for an agreed-upon three seasons, with the condition that the league and the Wild would work together to bring in “a couple” of travel partners into the NAHL within a six-hour bus ride of Wenatchee, Stewart said.

The 2011-12 season is Wenatchee’s fourth in the NAHL.

“We must have looked at 14 new markets, but with the way the economy is right now there are no new (arenas) being built,” Stewart said.

Stewart said the NAHL “does not endorse” the Wild’s application to the BCHL.

The BCHL and NAHL operate on the same level of play — Junior A hockey.

If the Wild were to appeal USA Hockey’s decision and the move to the BCHL was then accepted, Stewart said he does not know if it the team would start there next season.

“It may be a thing that takes another year to get done,” he said.

Stewart said the Wild’s application to the BCHL is not related to the shaky financial standing of the team’s home arena, Town Toyota Center.

A junior hockey website had speculated that the Wild may move to a city in British Columbia to ensure the switch to the BCHL, but Stewart said the Wild will play in Wenatchee as long as the Town Toyota Center is operating.

“If you can guarantee me a building here, we’ll be here,” Stewart said. “We’re just trying to get the right model that works. We’re trying to find a junior league with a business model that’s better for our organization and for the players in our organization regarding school and travel.”

Doyle Cup Is No More After 2012:

After being awarded for the 28th time this spring, the Doyle Cup will cease to exist with the creation of a Western Canadian Junior ‘A’ Championship starting in 2013, hosted by the BCHL’s Nanaimo Clippers.

With the host team in 2013 being from the BCHL, there is a possibility that there could end up being two BC teams in the Royal Bank Cup, but the same thing could happen in the MJHL in 2014, the AJHL in 2015 and the SJHL in 2016, where two teams from the host league wind up at the national championship tournament.

Since the formation of the Doyle Cup in 1984, BCHL teams have an 18-9 record over AJHL teams and since the formation of the Pacific Centennial Cup Championship in 1971, BCHL teams have a 23-18 advantage.

Here’s a list of the leaders in Doyle Cup/Pacific Centennial Cup wins:

Vernon Lakers/Vipers – 8
Camrose Kodiaks – 5
Calgary Canucks – 3
Penticton Broncos/Knights – 3
Red Deer Rustlers – 3
Kelowna Buckaroos/Spartans – 2
St. Albert Saints – 2
Surrey Eagles – 2
Spruce Grove Mets – 2
Abbotsford Flyers – 1
Burnaby Express – 1
Chilliwack Chiefs – 1
Fort McMurray Oil Barons – 1
Fort Saskatchewan Traders – 1
Langley Eagles – 1
Merritt Centennials – 1
Nanaimo Clippers – 1
New Westminster Royals – 1
Olds Grizzlys – 1
Richmond Sockeyes – 1

And by year:

Pacific Centennial Cup
1971 – Red Deer Rustlers
1972 – Red Deer Rustlers
1973 – Penticton Broncos
1974 – Kelowna Buckaroos
1975 – Spruce Grove Mets
1976 – Spruce Grove Mets
1977 – Calgary Canucks
1978 – Merritt Centennials
1979 – Fort Saskatchewan Traders
1980 – Red Deer Rustlers
1981 – St. Albert Saints
1982 – St. Albert Saints
1983 – Abbotsford Flyers
1984 – Langley Eagles
Doyle Cup
1985 – Penticton Knights
1986 – Penticton Knights
1987 – Richmond Sockeyes
1988 – Calgary Canucks
1989 – Vernon Lakers
1990 – New Westminster Royals
1991 – Vernon Lakers
1992 – Vernon Lakers
1993 – Kelowna Spartans
1994 – Olds Grizzlys
1995 – Calgary Canucks
1996 – Vernon Vipers
1997 – South Surrey Eagles
1998 – South Surrey Eagles
1999 – Vernon Vipers
2000 – Fort McMurray Oil Barons
2001 – Camrose Kodiaks
2002 – Chilliwack Chiefs
2003 – Camrose Kodiaks
2004 – Nanaimo Clippers
2005 – Camrose Kodiaks
2006 – Burnaby Express
2007 – Camrose Kodiaks
2008 – Camrose Kodiaks
2009 – Vernon Vipers
2010 – Vernon Vipers
2011 – Vernon Vipers

Here’s the official release from the Canadian Junior Hockey League:

CJHL Announces Creation of Western Canadian Championship
Nanaimo, BC to Host Inaugural Event in 2013

Calgary, AB, January 16, 2012 – The Canadian Junior Hockey League is pleased to announce a new regional playoff format for its four western provinces beginning in 2013. The British Columbia Hockey League, Alberta Junior Hockey League, Saskatchewan Junior Hockey League and Manitoba Junior Hockey League will move to a five-team tournament and crown the first-ever Western Canadian Champion.

The Western Canadian Championship will include a host team and the champion from each of the four western leagues. The 13-game tournament will include a round-robin schedule followed by two semifinal games and a championship game. The Western Canadian Champion and the runner-up will both represent Western Canada at the RBC Cup National Junior A Championship.

“Congratulations to the four western leagues on this significant step in the growth of Junior A hockey in Western Canada and across the country,” said CJHL Chairman Kirk Lamb. “The new championship format will create a tremendous opportunity to showcase our players, teams and communities and is yet another example of the strengthening relationship among Junior A leagues in Canada. I commend the four western leagues on partnering together in the development of this initiative.”

CJHL Chairman Kirk Lamb and the four western provinces are honoured to announce the hosting rights for the inaugural Western Canadian Championship in 2013 have been awarded to the BCHL community of Nanaimo, BC. The 2013 Western Canadian Championship will be held from April 26 to May 5.

“I want to congratulate Nanaimo on being selected to host the first Western Canadian Championship in 2013,” said BCHL commissioner John Grisdale. “I am extremely confident the host committee, the Clipper ownership group, their fans, the City of Nanaimo and the volunteers will work cohesively towards ensuring the championship is not only successful in Nanaimo, but the legacy left will provide a blueprint for the other Junior A leagues to follow.”

Nanaimo Clippers owner Ken Wagner is proud to bring the inaugural Western Canadian Championship to Nanaimo during a milestone season for the franchise.

“Hosting the Western Canadian Championship in conjunction with our 40th anniversary is a great way for the team and community to celebrate. I believe the Nanaimo Clippers are a flagship franchise in the CJHL and it is a true honour to be selected as the host city for the first-time event. Nanaimo offers the ultimate in hospitality, beautiful scenery and a strong volunteer base, which will result in a successful experience for everyone involved.”

The Western Canadian Championship will be hosted by the BCHL in 2013, followed by the MJHL (2014), AJHL (2015), and SJHL (2016). A Site Selection Committee will be responsible for selecting a host team annually, upon the recommendation of the host league.

About the Canadian Junior Hockey League: There are currently 10 leagues and over 130 teams competing in the Canadian Junior Hockey League. The goal of the CJHL is to enhance and expand development and exposure for its players in order to increase the number of opportunities to further their academic and hockey careers. The annual champion of the Canadian Junior Hockey League wins the RBC Cup.

About the RBC Cup: Since 1971, teams from across Canada have fought for the National Junior A Championship. The RBC Cup National Junior A Championship is currently an annual tournament between the Champions of the four regions within the CJHL and the Host Club in a quest to become the National Champion.

BCHL Alumni Headed to NHL All Star Game Weekend:

It’s another feather in the cap of the BC Hockey League as three former players were selected to participate in the NHL’s All Star Weekend. Say what you want about the All Star Weekend, it still should be considered an honour to be selected to take part.
January 12, 2012

For immediate release:

A trio of BCHL alums have been named to the NHL all-star festivities coming to Ottawa
Jan. 28 and 29.

Jamie Benn of the Dallas Stars, Colin Greening of the host Ottawa Senators and Ryan
Johansen of the Columbus Blue Jackets were each named Jan. 12 to the group of
players that will be selected from in a draft on Jan. 26.

Benn, 22, played the 2006-07 season with the Victoria Grizzlies putting up 42 goals and
23 assists in 53 games before being selected in the fifth round by the Stars. The Victoria
native then went on to play two seasons with the Kelowna Rockets of the WHL.

Greening, 25, hails from St. Johns, N.L. and played the 2005-06 season with the Nanaimo Clippers before embarking on a four-year NCAA career at Cornell University. He scored 27 goals and 35 assists with the Clips and was selected in the seventh round by Ottawa in 2005.

Johansen, 19, played the 2008-09 season with the Penticton Vees scoring five goals and 12 assists before heading to the WHL with the Portland Winterhawks. The Port Moody native was selected fourth overall by the Columbus Blue Jackets in 2010.

Benn was named to the 21-player pool of NHL veteran forwards while Greening and Johansen were named to the pool of 12 rookies. A pair of captains will be chosen who will then select the al-star teams from in a draft format.

7 BCHLers Featured On NHL Central Scouting’s Midterm Rankings:

Great news for the BCHL as seven of its current players are featured on the NHL Central Scouting top North American skaters.
The midterm rankings are the first of the season that breaks the lists of players into distinct skaters/goaltenders and North American/European prospects.
The BCHL players featured on the list are the same as those included on the NHL Entry Draft “Watch List” that was released in December with a few exceptions.
Surrey Eagles forwards Sean McGovern and Brandon Morley and Powell River Kings forward Evan Richardson, who were all featured on December’s “Watch List” are nowhere to be found on the Central Scouting Rankings.
However, former Victoria Grizzlies – and now Penticton Vees – forward Wade Murphy along with Prince George Spruce Kings forward Paul DeJersey both make an appearance on the Central Scouting list.
Safe to say, there are upwards of ten BCHL players who at this point are on the radar of NHL teams looking ahead to June’s Entry Draft in Pittsburgh.
Here’s the release from the BCHL:
For immediate release:
NHL Central Scouting released its mid-term rankings this week and seven BCHL players are included among the top-210 North American Skaters. That is the most of any Junior A league in Canada.
The players listed are:
#80: Jujhar Khaira – Prince George Spruce Kings

#81: Alexander Kerfoot – Coquitlam Express

#104: Morgan Zulinick – Salmon Arm SilverBacks

#114: Reece Willcox – Merritt Centennials

#181: Devon Toews – Surrey Eagles

#203: Paul De Jersey – Prince George Spruce Kings

#204: Wade Murphy – Victoria Grizzlies

Khaira, Kerfoot, Zulinick, Willcox and Toews are all 1994-born players. Murphy was born in 1993 and De Jersey 1992. All players listed above are born in B.C. and each of them have secured NCAA Division I scholarships with the exception of Kerfoot.
Central Scouting also listed their top-135 European Skaters and top-36 goaltenders with this week’s rankings. The 2012 NHL Entry Draft will held June 22 and 23 at Consol Energy Center in Pittsburgh.

Victoria-Cobourg Trade:

Details are a couple of days late and it still hasn’t been confirmed on the BCHL website, but media in Ontario have confirmed that the Victoria Grizzlies traded D Taylor Pernerowski (91) to the OJHL’s Cobourg Cougars at the trade deadline for future considerations.

And thus completes the fire sale in Victoria, with a ton of future considerations in the form of cash and/or players for next season coming to the Grizzlies in exchange.

To Cobourg:
D Taylor Pernerowski (91)

http://www.eliteprospects.com/iframe_player_stats.php?player=62688
To Victoria:
Future Considerations

Here’s the article from the Northumberland Today newspaper:

Cougars add Pernerowski to bolster lineup
By JEFF GARD

COBOURG — With the Ontario Junior Hockey League regular season winding down and the playoffs forthcoming, the Cobourg Cougars have bolstered their lineup by adding a 20-year-old defenceman.

Taylor Pernerowski was acquired Tuesday from the Victoria Grizzlies of the British Columbia Hockey League. The transaction deadline was 11:59 p.m. that day.

Cougars general manager Todd Diminie and head coach Justin Teakle spent from 11 a.m. to 1 a.m. that day in club’s office at the Cobourg Community Centre.

“We watched the trade wire, even the OHL (Ontario Hockey League) wires, looking for players,” Diminie said Wednesday. “We had several phone calls from other teams interested in some of our guys, but we wanted to hang on to our guys. We didn’t want to move any of our players.”

Diminie wasn’t committed to adding a player, either, at least not for the sake of just doing so. Earlier this week he said it would have be an impact player coming Cobourg’s way, if a move was made. He also didn’t want to damage the chemistry amongst the current players, in addition to wanting to stay as loyal as possible to the players who have the Cougars sitting second in the OJHL’s East Division; four points behind the Trenton Golden Hawks and eight ahead of the Wellington Dukes.

Pernerowski appears to be the perfect fit, as it regards bolstering the lineup without disrupting chemistry.

Diminie called Pernerowski “an exceptional d-man, a smooth skater, great hands, moves the puck well — tape-to-tape passes every time — great vision on the ice…probably one of the smartest d-man I’ve seen.

“We made our team better, without giving up anything,” the GM added.

Where the chemistry fits in, Pernerowski is from Whitby and many of the current Cougars are from the Durham region as well. Either as former teammates, summer hockey/workouts, or through mutual friends, he already knows Anton and Andrew Zupancic, Derek Foote, Jake Flegel, Keinan Brown, Evan Jasper and Dylon McMahon.

“It’s kind of weird stepping into a room that you haven’t been in before and you know a good chunk of the players,” Pernerowski said before practice on Wednesday. “It makes it a lot easier on me for the transition.”

A couple of other times he’s been traded, Pernerowski knew no more than one other person.

“There was a little bit of an adjustment (those times),” he said. “The first couple days are a little quiet and you keep to yourself and then you open up and guys open up to you. I just got here so I haven’t seen what it’s like, but it seems like it will definitely be an easier transition than I’ve been used to before.”

The majority of Pernerowski’s previous OJHL experience, starting in the 2007-08 season, has been in Trenton (with the Quinte West Pack, Trenton Hercs and the Golden Hawks). He was traded late in the 2008-09 campaign to the former Port Hope Predators. He returned to Trenton when the Predators re-located there to become the Golden Hawks.

His best offensive season was in the 2009-2011 campaign with the Golden Hawks where he registered 46 points (10 goals, 36 assists) in 53 games. He played just seven games last season with Trenton before being dealt out west to Victoria (he had five goals and 12 assists in 21 games there).

“I’m definitely excited to be back close to home and playing for a contending team,” Pernerowski said. “(Cobourg’s) record speaks for itself. They’re a solid team and I just hope to contribute on the back end, maybe a little bit on the power play, and just help the team as much as I can.”

Victoria has struggled this season and by Tuesday traded most of its veteran players. Pernerowski got injured in early December and the team let him go home early for Christmas. He didn’t return to Victoria. The Grizzlies ultimately gave him permission to speak with other clubs. He spoke with teams in several different leagues, looking for the best fit.

There was a lot of interest in Pernerowski (according to the player himself as well as Diminie). In the end, Cobourg was the best option.

“I was just kind of set on playing close to home for a top team,” Pernerowski said. “I was very excited to get the opportunity to play here.”

Pernerowski, who is in his final junior year and is hoping to gain a hockey scholarship, said he enjoyed his time with the Victoria Grizzlies.

“B.C. is an awesome place. The league is very competitive and I definitely became a better hockey player from when I went there until now,” he said. “I’m just happy to be on a top team that has a shot at winning the division and going a long way.”

Pernerowski just wants to make his presence felt on the ice, in a positive way.

“Obviously I’m not try to change anything, I’m just trying to add to a good thing…just keep it rolling,” he said. “I’m an offensive defenceman and I just hope to be able to put up some points. Just try not to step on anybody’s toes or get in the way of anything, just gel nicely with the team.”

Pernerowski could make his debut Monday night when the Cougars (29-8-1) host the Peterborough Stars (8-27-4). Game time is 7 p.m. at the Cobourg Community Centre.

Summary of BCHL Trade Deadline Moves:

A summary of Monday and Tuesday’s moves in the BC Hockey League:
ALBERNI VALLEY BULLDOGS – Traded F Dylan Nowakowski (91) to AJHL’s Brooks Bandits for D Kirsten Odendaal (93) and future considerations. Traded Odendaal to AJHL’s Olds Grizzlys for F Hunter Stewart (93). Traded D Mike Puddifant (91) to AJHL’s Fort McMurray Oil Barons for future considerations.
CHILLIWACK CHIEFS – Trade D Mike Berry (93) to Salmon Arm Silverbacks for future considerations. Acquired D Anderson White (91) from USHL’s DesMoines Buccaneers for future considerations. Acquired F Kody Dhaliwal (91) from SJHL’s Flin Flon Bombers for future considerations.
COQUITLAM EXPRESS – Added F Jace Hennig (95) to regular roster.
COWICHAN VALLEY CAPITALS – Added F Matt Grant (93) from WHL’s Everett Silvertips.
LANGLEY RIVERMEN – Released F Patrick Martens (92) to KIJHL’s Nelson Leafs. Added D Nicholas Gushue (94) after releasing him the week prior. Acquired F Peter McMullen (93) from Vernon Vipers for future considerations.
MERRITT CENTENNIALS – Acquired F Carter Shinkaruk (91) from Powell River Kings for future considerations. Traded F Dustin Lebrun (92) to AJHL’s Sherwood Park Crusaders for future considerations.
NANAIMO CLIPPERS – Traded F Teal Burns (92) to Powell River Kings for F Brenden Forbes (92) and D Taylor Carmola (92). Traded F Colton Cyr (91) to Vernon Vipers for F Clayton Chessa (91). Traded D Zach Ovics (93) to NAHL’s Dawson Creek Rage for future considerations. Released D Tristan Lowenberger (92) to VIJHL’s Oceanside Generals.
PENTICTON VEES – Traded F Mark McLellan (94) and future considerations to Victoria Grizzlies for F Wade Murphy (93).
POWELL RIVER KINGS – Traded G Jamie Phillips (93) to OJHL’s Toronto Junior Canadiens for F J.P. Villeneuve (92). Traded F Brenden Forbes (92) and D Taylor Carmola (92) to Nanaimo Clippers for F Teal Burns (92). Traded F Carter Shinkaruk (91) to Merritt Centennials for future considerations. Signed F Brendon MacDonald (91) as a free agent after he was released by Cowichan Valley Capitals. Added G Jonah Imoo (94) from PIJHL’s Richmond Sockeyes.
PRINCE GEORGE SPRUCE KINGS – Acquired F Jarryd Ten Vaanholt (91) from Victoria Grizzlies for future considerations. Acquired F Zack Rassell (92) from AJHL’s Canmore Eagles for future considerations.
SALMON ARM SILVERBACKS – Traded F Kody Dhaliwal (91) to SJHL’s Flin Flon Bombers for future considerations. Acquired D Mike Berry (93) from Chilliwack Chiefs for future considerations.
SURREY EAGLES – No moves.
TRAIL SMOKE EATERS – Traded F Clayton Chessa (91) to Vernon Vipers for future considerations.
VERNON VIPERS – Traded F Clayton Chessa (91) to Nanaimo Clippers for F Colton Cyr (91). Traded F Peter McMullen (93) to Langley Rivermen for future considerations. F Dylan Walchuk (92) left team to join WHL’s Spokane Chiefs.
VICTORIA GRIZZLIES – Traded F Jarryd Ten Vaanholt (91) to Prince George Spruce Kings for future considerations. Traded G Jamie Tucker (91) and F Mike Collins (91) to MJHL’s Dauphin Kings for future considerations. Traded F Wade Murphy (93) to Penticton Vees for F Mark McLellan (94) and future considerations. Traded F Mike Moran (91) to AJHL’s Spruce Grove Saints for future considerations. Traded D Taylor Pernerowski (91) to OJHL’s Cobourg Cougars for future considerations. Released D Kevin Woodyatt (92). Added D Kevin Smith (91) from WHL’s Kelowna Rockets. Added G Nick Taylor (92) from PIJHL’s Grandview Steelers.
WESTSIDE WARRIORS – Traded D Izaak Berglund (91) and D Michael King (91) to AJHL’s Lloydminster Bobcats for future considerations. Traded D Klay Kachur (91) to Battlefords North Stars for D Curtis Toneff (93). Added D Mathew Berry-Lamontagna (93) from WHL’s Prince Albert Raiders.
As always, if there are any moves I’ve missed or need corrections, please leave a comment below.