Vernon Vipers Hire Two New Assistant Coaches:

Following the dismissal of Chris Shaw as assistant coach earlier this month, Vernon Vipers GM and Head Coach Jason Williamson has firmed up his coaching staff for the 2012-13 season.

Here’s the release from the Vipers website:

The Vernon Vipers Hockey Club is pleased to announce the signing of two assistant coaches for the upcoming season. The Vipers have signed Jason Read and David Robinson.

Jason Read who currently resides in Calgary Alberta has an extensive coaching background.  He has been coaching for 18 years and primarily works with the defense. Read has most recently been working with the Calgary Royals Midget AAA program. Before that he worked in the BCHL with Victoria and has also worked with the midget AAA program in Kelowna.

David Robinson is well known to Vernon residents. He is a local product and has captained the Vipers to their most recent RBC appearance. Dave is looking to start a new chapter in his life and is very excited to be a part of his hometown team.

Coach Williamson says “The addition of both Jason and Dave solidifies the coaching staff for the future.  Both guys will greatly help our organization grow and be integral parts of our success going forward. I am very excited to be able to work with these two class guys in the future.”

For further information please contact the Vipers office at 250-542-6022.