Penticton-Victoria Trade:

After a bunch of speculation as to what the future considerations were heading back to Victoria in the F Wade Murphy (93) trade, we learned today the bounty that Penticton gives up in the January 10th deal. The players joining the Grizzlies — D Chad Bannor (92), D Zach Urban (93), and F Curtis Loik (93) — give them a lot more depth on the blue line and potentially, an explosive forward.
In my mind, Loik is the real wild card in the trade as he seems poised to break out as a 19-year-old in 2012-13, but it won’t be in the BCHL as he’s committed to Penn. State for the upcoming season. I’m thinking the only way he goes to Victoria is at the recommendation of his college team, and that’s got to be what the Grizzlies are banking on, otherwise he probably wouldn’t have been included in the deal.
At the time, the trade was announced as Murphy to the Vees in exchange for F Mark McLellan and future considerations. Now we know that the deal breaks down like this:

To Penticton:
F Wade Murphy (93)
http://www.eliteprospects.com/iframe_player_stats.php?player=48368To Victoria:
F Mark McLellan (94)
http://www.eliteprospects.com/iframe_player_stats.php?player=59936F Curtis Loik (93)
http://www.eliteprospects.com/iframe_player_stats.php?player=48467D Chad Bannor (92)
http://www.eliteprospects.com/iframe_player_stats.php?player=93558D Zach Urban (93)http://www.eliteprospects.com/iframe_player_stats.php?player=97103Here’s the release from Penticton’s website:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Thursday, May 31st
VEES COMPLETE TRADE WITH GRIZZLIES
PENTICTON, BC– The Penticton Vees Hockey Club have sent the playing rights of defensemen Zach Urban (93), Chad Bannor (92) and forward Curtis Loik (93) to the Victoria Grizzlies. The move completes the January 10th transaction that saw the Vees acquire forward Wade Murphy (92).
 Urban, 18 appeared in 58 games for the Vees, collecting four goals and 22 points. Bannor just completed his second season with Vees, playing in 81 career games and recording four points. Loik, who is scheduled to join Penn State next fall, notched 63 career points in 109 games in a Vees sweater.
The Penticton Vees organization thanks Zach, Chad and Curtis for their contributions to the hockey team and wish the three the best of luck in their future endeavors.