Trail Makes Trades With Prince George (BCHL), Whitecourt (AJHL) & Battlefords (SJHL):

The Trail Smoke Eaters, who finished last in the BCHL’s Interior Conference last season, shuffled the deck in a big way today, trading four players from the 2011-12 squad.

We continue to discover even more of the future considerations from trades made during the 2011-12 season and another involves the Smokies and the AJHL’s newest team – the Whitecourt Wolverines.
Although it may be strange to see futures owed to a team (Trail) by a team (Whitecourt) that wasn’t playing junior ‘A’ last season, when the trade was made, the Wolverines were still known as the St. Albert Steel. It’s the trade from December 6, 2011 which saw the Smoke Eaters acquire F Brendan Santini (93) for future considerations.
Here’s how the trade breaks down now, knowing what the future considerations are:
To Trail:
F Brendan Santini (93)

http://www.eliteprospects.com/iframe_player_stats.php?player=26393

To Whitecourt:
F Taylor House (92)

http://www.eliteprospects.com/iframe_player_stats.php?player=93555Trail Head Coach & GM Bill Birks also swung three other new trades as follows:

To Prince George:
F Adam Fares (93)

http://www.eliteprospects.com/iframe_player_stats.php?player=151600To Trail:
Future Considerations

To Whitecourt:
D Kyle Horsman (94)
http://www.eliteprospects.com/iframe_player_stats.php?player=102467
To Trail:
Future Considerations

To Battlefords:
F Brandon Long (93)
http://www.eliteprospects.com/iframe_player_stats.php?player=51739

To Trail:
Future Considerations

Here`s the official release from the Smoke Eaters website:

Smokies Make Four Deals

TRAIL — The Trail Smoke Eaters are announcing the completion of transactions involving clubs in the BCHL, AJHL and SJHL.
The Smokies have dealt forward Taylor House (92) to the Whitecourt Wolverines of the Alberta Junior Hockey League.

This completes an earlier transaction.

House was acquired midway through the 2011-12 season in a five-player deal with Alberni Valley, he scored 4 goals and 14 points in 48 games with Trail.

Forward Kyle Horsman (94) has also been traded to Whitecourt for future considerations.

The Sechelt product scored 7 points in 40 games in his rookie BCHL campaign.
Forward Adam Fares (93) has been acquired by the Prince George Spruce Kings.
Fares appeared in only 15 games with the Smoke Eaters after being traded from Victoria, but scored 4 goals and 9 points in a Trail uniform.
In a separate transaction, Trail has traded forward Brandon Long (93) to the Saskatchewan Junior Hockey League’s Battlefords North Stars for future considerations.
Long scored 8 goals and 21 points in his rookie BCHL season, appearing in 52 games with the Smoke Eaters.
“All three players were great kids for our hockey club,” stated head coach/general manager Bill Birks. “At the same time our team gets a little bit older as we re-tool for next season.”
The Smoke Eaters would like to thank Adam, Taylor, Kyle and Brandon for their contributions to the organization and wish them the best with their new teams.