Trail Smoke Eaters Veteran Sam Mellor Returns to the BCHL:

(Sam Mellor in action vs. Williams Lake during the 2009-10 season – photo by Randy Emery)
The Trail Smoke Eaters have received a huge boost with the return of F Sam Mellor (92) to the team from the University of Alaska-Anchorage.
I’ve heard rumours as to why Mellor has decided to return to the BCHL, but I’m not going to delve into them here. Regardless of why he’s back, his return gives Bill Birks a proven point producer at the junior A level as alongside Travis St. Denis and Scott Jacklin, Mellor posted 67 points in 45 games during the 2010-11 season. The trio had a whopping 194 points between them.
I suppose there is a chance that Birks winds up trading Mellor and if he does, I would expect that the line of suitors would be long and the return that Trail gets could shape the franchise for a number of years. It’s interesting to see how it all plays out. It’s like the Smoke Eaters have either added one of the best players without giving anything up or they have the luxury of adding a number of assets for a player who they didn’t expect to have anyway – not a bad spot to be in.
F Sam Mellor (92)

http://www.eliteprospects.com/iframe_player_stats.php?player=46963