Penticton-Swan Valley Trade:

I mentioned in my last post that one of the pieces that Nanaimo sent to Swan Valley to acquire G Jayson Argue (92) was on his way back to the BCHL and the same could be true in this deal… maybe.
At the time of the Argue trade, I speculated as to why the Stampeders would trade for the rights to F Mike Sones (92), who’s committed to Mercyhurst University for September 2012, but it appears now that maybe he’s deferred going the NCAA for a year.
In a trade that I definitely find peculiar, the Penticton Vees have acquired Sones’ rights from Swan Valley for future considerations. Any talk of Sones coming back to the BCHL is purely speculative on my part, but logic dictates that his rights wouldn’t have changed hands twice this off-season without knowledge that he’d play junior A this season.
As usual in these situations, only time will tell. There’s been no confirmation of the trade on either team’s websites, but it is listed under “Transactions” on the BCHL website.

To Penticton Vees:
F Mike Soneshttp://www.eliteprospects.com/iframe_player_stats.php?player=85620To Swan Valley Stampeders: