Two BCHL Alumni Featured on 2012 Spengler Cup Rosters:

I’m not sure why, but I’ve always been drawn to watching the Spengler Cup. The six team, invitation-only tournament has been presented since 1923 and heralds itself as the oldest invitational hockey tournament in the world.

Over the years, there are a significant number of former BCHL players who have skated in the Spengler Cup – and not all for Team Canada either. Often, Canadians playing pro hockey in Europe wind up competing against their compatriots as their club teams are invited to the tournament.

This year, the teams competing are Team Canada, HC Davos (Switzerland), HC Fribourg-Gottéron (Switzerland), Adler Mannheim (Germany), HC Vitkovice Steel (Czech Republic) and Salavat Yulaev Ufa (Russia) and there are two BCHL alumni featured.

Team Canada – D Geoff Kinrade (Cowichan Valley)
http://www.eliteprospects.com/iframe_player_stats.php?player=34094 HC Davos – F Devin Muller (Salmon Arm)
http://www.eliteprospects.com/iframe_player_stats.php?player=34866 Complete details on this year’s Spengler Cup are here: 2012 Spengler Cup