Surrey-Cowichan Valley Trade:

As part of a day that saw them make four transactions, Cowichan Valley moved 20-year-old defenceman Troy Paterson to Surrey for future considerations.

For Paterson, he joins his hometown team, while for the Capitals, they look like they’ve firmly got their eye on the future after trading both Paterson and Derek Dun.

To Surrey Eagles:
D Troy Paterson (92)http://www.eliteprospects.com/iframe_player_stats.php?player=47847To Cowichan Valley Capitals:
Future Considerations

Here’s the release from the Capitals website:

Head Coach Jim Ingram was busy following the Christmas break, with several players being moved today.

Headed out of town, Derek Dun (93) goes to the Nanaimo Clippers in exchange for future considerations. Also, Troy Paterson (92) heads  to the Surrey Eagles, also for future considerations. “We would like to thank both Troy and Derek for their hard work, dedication and contributions during their time in Cowichan. We will miss them, and wish them both the best as they pursue their hockey careers.” said Jim Ingram.

BCHL TRADE TRACKER (since Dec. 1)
Trades Made: 7
Trades Made Within BCHL: 3
Trades Made With Teams Outside BC: 4