West Kelowna-Fort McMurray Trade:

The West Kelowna Warriors added a significant piece to their forward group ahead of tomorrow’s trade deadline with the acquisition of 20-year-old Danny Gayle from the Fort McMurray Oil Barons of the Alberta Junior Hockey League in exchange for 18-year-old Jetlan Houcher and future considerations.

Adding Gayle to the roster gives the Warriors seven 1992-born players, so Head Coach and GM Rylan Ferster needs to make another move to get down to the BCHL mandated number of six.

To West Kelowna Warriors:
F Danny Gayle (92)http://www.eliteprospects.com/iframe_player_stats.php?player=45176To Fort McMurray Oil Barons:

F Jetlan Houcher (94)http://www.eliteprospects.com/iframe_player_stats.php?player=51188+ Future Considerations
Neither the Warriors or Oil Barons have released anything about the trade, but West Kelowna play-by-play man Jon Zacks posted the following on his blog:

As of midday Wednesday, I have confirmation of West Kelowna’s first deadline move.

To Warriors: ’92 forward Danny Gayle.

Gayle has 27 points (9+18) in 37 games with the Oil Barons so far this year.  He is back in the Junior ‘A’ ranks this year after playing the previous two seasons in the WHL (with Moose Jaw and Calgary).  He’s a left-shooting winger who I expect to be a top-six type guy right off the hop.

To Oil Barons: ’94 forward Jetlan Houcher.

Houcher was one of the jewels in Rylan Ferster’s recruiting class this year.  He’s shown us signs of his potential (like a wonderful PPG last weekend he scored from the lawn-chair position) and he definitely has great hands.  Houcher notched 41 goals in 32 games in his final year of midget hockey, and at some point I’m sure he’ll reach those heights again.

Houcher is also a soft-spoken but first-rate young man.  He’ll do well in the AJHL, and the Oil Barons will be glad to have him.

Good luck Jetlan and welcome to the Okanagan Danny!

BCHL TRADE TRACKER (since Dec. 1)
Trades Made: 13
Trades Made Within BCHL: 6
Trades Made With Teams Outside BC: 7