Nanaimo – Longueuil Trade:

The Nanaimo Clippers added a skilled forward to their roster on Tuesday, acquiring 18-year-old Devin Brosseau from Longueuil Collège Français of the QJAAAHL for future considerations.

I don’t know a whole lot about Brosseau, but his stats from 2012-13 as a 17-year-old are definitely impressive, including a +15 rating.

To Nanaimo Clippers:
F Devin Brosseau (95)http://www.eliteprospects.com/iframe_player_stats.php?player=128449To Longueuil Collège Français:
Future Considerations

Here’s the release from the Clippers:

The Nanaimo Clippers are pleased to announce the acquisition of 18 year old forward Devin Brosseau from the Longueuil College Francais of the Quebec Junior ‘AAA’ Hockey League.  Last season the St. Lambert, Quebec native helped Longueuil win the QJAAAHL Championship and advance to the Fred Page Cup in Truro, Nova Scotia.  The 6’1” 185lb left winger scored 19 goals and added 18 assists for 37 points in 45 games.

Coach Vandekamp:  “We are very excited to add a young, talented forward such as Devin to our lineup.  He will add speed and skill to our forward group.  We know that Devin is very committed to improving as a player and eventually reaching his goal of playing NCAA Division 1 Hockey.  We are looking forward to helping him reach those goals.  We would like to welcome Devin and his Family to the Clippers Family and look forward to seeing him at Main Camp on August 20th.”