31 Potential BCHL Prospects Heading to Mac’s Midget Tournament:

The annual Mac’s Midget Tournament gets underway in Calgary on Boxing Day and runs through to New Year’s Day.

There are a number of players taking part who are on BCHL rosters this season as affiliate players/prospects. I’ve taken this format from Alan’s Small Thoughts At Large WHL blog.

If you are interested in following your team’s prospects in this year’s tourney, the Mac’s website is www.macstournament.ab.ca and they’ll have game summaries there as the tournament progresses.

And to help you know which prospects your team has in Calgary, here’s the list of BCHL prospects in this year’s tournament, by midget team. I’ve given the player name, his position and birth year and the BCHL team owning his reserve roster rights for this season.

If I’ve missed a player or messed up some info on a player, corrections are most welcome.

Okanagan Rockets:

G Reid Kilburn (96) – West Kelowna
D Kristian Blumenschein (97) – West Kelowna
D Gen Bryshun (96) – Vernon
F Liam Finlay (97) – Penticton
F Tyson Jost (98) – Penticton
F Tanner Wishnowski (97) – Penticton
F Linden Hora (96) – Vernon
F Branden Wagner (96) – Vernon
F Cory Santoro (96) – Vernon
D Tanner Browne (97) – Penticton
D Mark Krabben (97) – Penticton
D Mitchell Oliver (97) – Vernon
F Tanner Campbell (97) – Merritt
G Brendan Barry (97) – Penticton

South Island Royals:
F Cameron Coutre (98) – Cowichan Valley
D Kurtis Gamble (97) – Victoria
D Tomba Huddlestan (97) – Victoria
F Duncan Cochrane (96) – Victoria
F Nick Guiney (96) – Victoria

Vancouver NE Chiefs:
D Alex Rasovic (97) – Coquitlam
D Austin Campeau (96) – Merritt
D Lucas Johansen (97) – Cowichan Valley
F Connor Burk (96) – Coquitlam
F Lucas Santucci (97) – Coquitlam

Vancouver NW Giants:

F Colton Kerfoot (96) – Coquitlam
D Dante Fabbro (98) – Langley
D Mitchell Stapley (97) – Nanaimo

Valley West Hawks:
F Jordan Funk (97) – Nanaimo
F Eric Callegari (96) – Surrey
F Mitch Newsome (97) – Penticton
F Matt Bradley (97) – Surrey

Upon looking at the players taking part in the tournament who are affiliated with BCHL clubs, there are a number of teams who don’t have any representation. They are Alberni Valley, Chilliwack, Powell River, Prince George, Salmon Arm and Trail.

Prospects in the tournament this year, by BCHL club:

Penticton – 7
Vernon – 5
Coquitlam – 4
Victoria – 4