Six BCHL Alumni to Play in Spengler Cup:

As I mentioned in a similar post I did around this time last year, I’ve always been drawn to watching the Spengler Cup. The six team, invitation-only tournament has been presented since 1923 and heralds itself as the oldest invitational hockey tournament in the world.

Over the years, there are a significant number of former BCHL players who have skated in the Spengler Cup – and not all for Team Canada either. Often, Canadians playing pro hockey in Europe wind up competing against their compatriots as their club teams are invited to the tournament.

This year, the teams competing are Team Canada, HC Davos (Switzerland), HC Genève-Servette (Switzerland), Rochester Americans (AHL), HC Vitkovice Steel (Czech Republic) and CSKA Moscow (Russia). There are four BCHL alumni featured, four on Team Canada and two on Rochester.

As noted in a posting on the BCHL website earlier today, in addition to the players, BCHL alums Brad Pascall (VP hockey ops), Brad Treliving (Management Team) are on the team’s staff for the tournament.
Team Canada
D Geoff Kinrade (Cowichan Valley)

http://www.eliteprospects.com/iframe_player_stats.php?player=34094

D Travis Roche (Trail Smoke Eaters)