Vernon to Send Two Players to Surrey as Future Considerations:

In a story reporting the Vipers season ending loss at the RBC Cup, the Vernon Morning Star mentions that Vernon owes two players from its roster to the Surrey Eagles as future considerations in the January 6th trade.
The deal saw forward Brett Mulcahy (93) head to the Vipers along with futures for forward Chase McMurphy (94) and futures.
What’s not known is who the two players are. Here’s an excerpt from the Morning Star article:

The Vipers lose half their team through graduation and NCAA scholarships, and they owe two players off their regular roster to the Surrey Eagles in the trade for Brett Mulcahy.

“We are still in the process of figuring out what to send back,” said Williamson, who heads to Las Vegas as a guest coach at a Junior camp, June 17-21.

Based on Vipers GM and Head Coach Jason Williamson’s comments, it appears that Surrey and Vernon didn’t have a pre-arranged agreement on who the Eagles receive in addition to McMurphy. This isn’t uncommon when it comes to trades, as I’d imagine there is a list of players Surrey gets to choose from and the Vipers have to agree – although that’s purely speculation on my part.

It does mean we can expect two Vernon regulars to join the Eagles for 2014-15, we just have to wait a bit longer to find out who those players are.

Here’s the link to the complete article: http://www.vernonmorningstar.com/sports/260031321.html